The UW School of Nursing was the first nursing school in the United States to launch a fully functioning sleep research laboratory. Read about the School’s rich history of sleep research.
Our fully equipped Sleep Research Laboratory consists of a control room, a sleep study research area with three bedrooms and shower/ bathroom facilities.
- Polysomnographic recordings of sleep can be obtained from three subjects simultaneously by means of a computer-based sleep EMBLA acquisition system
- A portable computer-based polysomnographic sleep recording system is available for monitoring sleep in home or clinic settings
- Numerous microprocessors (Mini-Mitter® actigraphy) are available for recording of activity and body temperature (BioPac)
- Software is available for scoring the activity data for sleep detection and cosinor analysis of temperature data
- The sleep lab can also make, repair and recondition small laboratory equipment
For service availability, costs and general operating procedures of the lab, and to include lab services in a research proposal, please email Ernie Tolentino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more about our Center for Innovation in Sleep Self-Management