Make a gift
Make an impact: Support nurses
You can create a boundless future by investing in the UW School of Nursing. Every gift, of any size, is a commitment to excellence and will have a direct and immediate impact on educating generations of nursing professionals who are central to the future of our world.
There are numerous unique ways your investment can make a difference.
Fundraising campaign priorities
We will leverage the $4 million in funding from the state legislature to update and triple the size of our current lab space.
We will work to ensure health equity for all people, locally and globally, through policy, advocacy, care, education and research.
Global health nursing
We will capitalize on our faculty and students’ existing experience and expertise to improve healthcare locally and globally.
We will foster sustainable support for all of our researchers to ensure that we remain a top-tier research institute.
We will provide our students with a world-class experience so they may go on to make significant impacts in healthcare throughout their careers.
We will build on our outstanding legacy of research, education and advocacy to become the premier center for healthy aging in the country.
Greatest need: 2015-2016
- 264 students applied for scholarship support
- 135 received scholarship support
- $1,138,800 was awarded in scholarship funds
- $7,046,200 remains in unmet scholarship needs
- $250,000: the cost of a fully endowed scholarship for an undergraduate student or graduate fellowship
- $200,000: the cost to recruit a top-notch junior faculty member
- 40: Percentage of faculty at retirement age
- Faculty endowed professorships start at $250,000
- 11 out of more than 100 tenured, clinical and affiliate faculty currently have endowed professorships
- In the last few years, NIH has reduced research award funding by 22 percent due to budget cuts and sequestration.
- Only 6 of 18 proposals for pilot projects submitted by UW nursing researchers were funded by the Office for Nursing Research because of budget constraints.