UW Nurse Camp
The UW School of nursing will be offering an in-person Nurse Camp for 2023! We are so excited to have this camp in-person. We will take all precautions for a safe in-person camp this year. For more information on the UW Operational Guidance for Youth Programs please visit the main University of Washington website.
Current high school sophomores and juniors who are interested in learning about the nursing field and how to get into nursing school are invited to apply.
This is a free week-long camp geared towards increasing access and opportunities in nursing to a more diverse population of high school sophomores and juniors who are at least 16 years of age by the first day of camp. Students from all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- If you live outside the Seattle area, overnight accommodations, transportation to and from the UW, and meals outside of UW Nurse Camp are your responsibility.
- You must be 16 years of age by the first day of UW Nurse Camp; there are no exceptions to this requirement.
- We do not accept high school freshmen or seniors to UW Nurse Camp.
The UW Nurse Camp 2024 dates are tentatively set for July 15-19, 2024.
Stay tuned for when the 2024 applications will open. If you would like information on our 2024 Nurse Camp, please add your information to our email list.
UW Nurse Camp activities
UW Nurse Campers participate in a wide variety of activities throughout the week, including:
- Shadowing nurses in various hospital units at UW Medical Center – Northwest
- Shadowing nurses in various hospital units at UW Medical Center – Montlake
- Completing CPR and HIPAA training
- Participating in nursing “speed rounds,” where you will meet and talk with nurses working in all areas of health care, including forensics, public health, emergency and research
- Touring the UW Seattle campus
- Being mentored by UW School of Nursing students
- Meeting new friends
- Getting cool free UW School of Nursing stuff!
Support Nurse Camp
Through support from our community, Nurse Camp builds a diverse pipeline of future nurse leaders who are passionate about serving those in need.