ABSN with Early DNP Admission
Our fast-track Accelerated BSN program now features an option for students to apply to and receive an early admissions decision for our Doctor of Nursing Practice Nurse-Midwifery (DNP-NM) track. If admitted, you would begin graduate study the autumn quarter immediately following completion of the four-quarter ABSN program.
- Both programs are offered full-time only.
- Admission to either the ABSN or DNP program cannot be deferred or transferred.
- You get an early admissions decision for graduate study
- You will know the focus of your nursing studies during your undergraduate program
- This is a good option for someone changing careers
- If you are accepted to both programs, you have a smooth transition from undergraduate to graduate study
The four-quarter (autumn to summer) full-time ABSN program is for students who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, self-reflective, and strongly committed. A solid foundation of science and humanities prerequisite coursework sets you up for success in our program.
You build core nursing skills through lectures and hands-on experience in our Simulation Center, where you practice nursing skills in a safe environment before performing them in a supervised clinical setting. You also gain over a thousand hours of hands-on patient care experience with licensed care providers at one of our 700+ community partnership sites, including Seattle Children’s Hospital and top-ranked University of Washington Medical Center.
DNP study prepares you for an advanced practice role and will teach you how to look at leading-edge research and apply that evidence to your practice.
Our DNP program gives you a solid foundation to become a leader in the nursing profession. You will work with nationally-recognized faculty and at agencies around the Puget Sound region to gain hundreds of hours of hands-on clinical experience.
By combining advanced practice nursing skills and knowledge of how to evaluate evidence-based research, you are empowered to become a more efficient and effective practitioner.
In the DNP Nurse-Midwifery track, your scope/sites of practice include:
- Birthing centers
- Military installations
- International health agencies
- Researchers and education, though the majority pursue clinical practice