Learn More

Expanding our Impact

Learn More

Strengthening Our Community

Learn More

Hands-on Confidence

Learn More

A Boundless Mission

For the past decade, we’ve been on a mission to enhance nursing education and science. That’s what a fundraising campaign is, after all — an opportunity to grow, to change and to reflect on our priorities.

Our highest priority, of course, is the people the UW School of Nursing serves: our students, our patients and our communities. In that spirit of service, I’m delighted to tell you that we exceeded our campaign goal of $40 million.

For this wonderful achievement, I have you, our friends and advocates, to thank. Together, we:

• Fostered equity. In helping the school award $1.5 million in scholarships annually, you helped lower the financial barriers to becoming a nurse.
  • Strengthened skills. By contributing to the renovation and expansion of our Simulation Center, you gave our students vital hands-on learning and practice time.
  • Reached underserved communities. With other universities and the help of a generous partner, we’ve launched a new training program that will improve health care in rural Washington.
  • Propelled research forward. With your assistance, we’ve established new professorships and fellowships that help faculty explore and discover. And more!

I would like to express my deepest appreciation to everyone who joined us on this mission, with a special thanks to our campaign co-chairs — Joanne Montgomery, BSN ’77, and Brooks Simpson — for their committed leadership.

My colleagues and I know the next decade will be exciting and challenging, requiring all of us to push further, to search for opportunities, and to promote health equity for all. Thanks to you, we’re more ready than ever for the years to come. I hope that you will greet this decade with us — that, together, we will move into our next, boundless phase.

With gratitude,

Azita Emami, Ph.D., MSN, RNT, R.N., FAAN

The Robert G. and Jean A. Reid Executive Dean

UW School of Nursing