What’s new for 2018
The 2018 BSN application is completely online! This means you don’t have to download forms, print, or mail any physical documents to the Seattle campus.
If you encounter any issues while completing your application, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 206.543.8736.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on January 16, 2018.
Follow this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to submit a complete application for admission:
- Check your eligibility
- Order official transcripts
- Create your online account
- Complete your personal information
- Create a new BSN application and enter your Natural World coursework
- Complete the BSN application
- Write the proctored essay
- Apply now
1. Check your eligibility
To apply to the BSN program, you must have:
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 for all completed college-level coursework
- Completed 90 quarter hour credits by the time you begin the BSN program, including:
- At the time you submit your application, at least three of the Natural World (science) prerequisites courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for those courses, or four Natural World courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 for those courses
- A minimum grade of 2.0 (“C”) in each BSN prerequisite course, including all Natural World courses, Lifespan Growth & Development, and Statistics
- Minimum 100 hours of volunteer or paid hands-on healthcare experience in one setting over the course of three months, completed within 12 months prior to applying to the BSN program
- Proof of English language proficiency
If you do not meet the minimum requirements above, you are not eligible to apply and should not submit an application at this time.
2. Order official transcripts
You must submit an official transcript from every school you have attended – including the University of Washington – even if credits from one school appear on the transcript of another. Unofficial transcripts are not accepted.
You will scan or take a high-resolution photo of each transcript, including the reverse side.
Transcripts must be in PDF or JPEG format.
3. Create your online account
- Go to https://apps.nursing.uw.edu/undergrad-applications/
- Click Create an account.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and then confirm your password. The email address you choose will be used throughout the application process and cannot be changed.
To protect your account, you will use two-factor authentication each time you log in. You can choose to receive authorization codes via mobile phone or email. Mobile carrier text messaging rates may apply.
4. Complete your personal information
Your account profile is available at any time.
After creating your online account, complete your personal information (name, birthdate, phone numbers, etc.), contact addresses, and the colleges/universities you have attended.
Upload your transcripts in PDF or JPEG format for each college/university attended.
5. Create a new BSN application and enter your Natural World coursework
Create a new BSN application through your profile. Your first step will be to enter your Natural World prerequisite coursework. You must have a minimum of three Natural World courses complete at the time you apply with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for those courses.
If you have completed four or more Natural World courses, your cumulative GPA must be 2.8 or higher for those courses.
If you do not meet the minimum requirement, you should not continue with your application.
6. Complete the BSN application
Based on your Natural World coursework above, if you are eligible to continue the application you will complete the following sections:
- Additional required courses
- Personal statement*
- Optional statement*
- Letter of recommendation
- Proctored essay information
- Essential qualifications agreement
- Background check authorization
*We highly recommend that you write your resume, personal statement, and optional statement in a word processor and copy and paste the final text into the appropriate section of your online application.
7. Write the proctored essay
After an initial application review, some applicants will be asked to write a proctored essay. This essay counts towards your total score. You will receive an email notification by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018 if you must write the essay.
The proctored essay is scheduled for Wednesday, February 21, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Health Sciences Building on the UW Seattle Campus. Directions to the Health Sciences Building can be found here, and the room number will be included in your email invitation.
There are no early or make-up sessions for the proctored essay.
If you will need disability accommodations to write the proctored essay, please read our instructions for accommodations confirmation.
8. Apply now
The Autumn 2018 BSN application is now open.