Inclement Weather Policy
The UW School of Nursing follows the University’s policy for inclement weather. If the UW is open on January 17, your application is due!
BSN program applications are due by January 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time to begin study the following autumn.
Learn how each part of your application will be reviewed by the BSN Admissions Committee by listening to our in-person and online application information sessions.
Required application materials
Download, complete, and return all of the application materials listed below. You must submit an electronic AND a printed copy of your application form only. Submit your printed application and all required supporting materials in one envelope, free of staples, clips or any other type of binder by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline.
The BSN application form uses calculated fields. Make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader installed when completing this application. If you are a Mac user, make sure you are using Adobe Reader or Acrobat to complete the application. Mac’s default program, Preview, does not calculate fields correctly and may send a blank form to us.
For the Colleges/Universities Attended section (Section D), download our Undergraduate GPA Entry How-To tutorial.
- BSN application instructions
- Download and save the BSN application to your computer before completing it (includes checklist, application form, and Optional Applicant Data form)
- Supplemental Academic History form (if you attended more than ten colleges/universities)
- Letter of recommendation cover form
- Essential Qualifications form
- Authorization for Background Check form (do NOT run the background check when you apply)
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal statement (see instructions for essay questions)
- Current resume (see instructions for format guidelines)
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have ever attended or are currently attending, including the University of Washington; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Course descriptions for Lifespan Growth & Development, Statistics, and any BSN Natural World prerequisite courses completed outside of Washington state
- If you are not currently a UW Seattle student, you must submit an application to the University of Washington. Enrollment in the BSN program requires successful admission to the UW Seattle campus; admission to the BSN program does not guarantee admission to the UW.
- Some BSN applicants will be asked to complete a written proctored essay at the UW Seattle campus. If you live out-of-area or need disability accommodations for writing the essay, read the application instructions for details on how to arrange this. There are no early or make-up sessions for the proctored essay and your application will be automatically denied if you are asked to write the essay and do not.