BSN program applications are due by Jan. 17, 2017 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time to begin study the following autumn.
Learn how each part of your application will be reviewed by the BSN Admissions Committee by listening to our in-person and online application information sessions.
Required application materials
Download, complete, and return all of the application materials listed below. You must submit an electronic AND a printed copy of your application form only. Submit your printed application and all required supporting materials in one envelope, free of staples, clips or any other type of binder by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline.
The BSN application form uses calculated fields. Make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader installed when completing this application. If you are a Mac user, make sure you are using Adobe Reader or Acrobat to complete the application. Mac’s default program, Preview, does not calculate fields correctly and may send a blank form to us.
For the Colleges/Universities Attended section (Section D), download our Undergraduate GPA Entry How-To tutorial.
- BSN application instructions
- Download and save the BSN application to your computer before completing it (includes checklist, application form, and Optional Applicant Data form)
- Supplemental Academic History form (if you attended more than ten colleges/universities)
- Letter of recommendation cover form
- Essential Qualifications form
- Authorization for Background Check form (do NOT run the background check when you apply)
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal statement (see instructions for essay questions)
- Current resume (see instructions for format guidelines)
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have ever attended or are currently attending, including the University of Washington; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Course descriptions for Lifespan Growth & Development, Statistics, and any BSN Natural World prerequisite courses completed outside of Washington state
- If you are not currently a UW Seattle student, you must submit an application to the University of Washington. Enrollment in the BSN program requires successful admission to the UW Seattle campus; admission to the BSN program does not guarantee admission to the UW.
- Some BSN applicants will be asked to complete a written proctored essay at the UW Seattle campus. If you live out-of-area or need disability accommodations for writing the essay, read the application instructions for details on how to arrange this. There are no early or make-up sessions for the proctored essay and your application will be automatically denied if you are asked to write the essay and do not.