Application availability and deadline
Applications for the 2024 ABSN cohort are now closed.
We anticipate that applications for ABSN 2025 will launch August 2024. The application deadline will be 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Oct. 15 to begin study either spring (March) 2025 or autumn (September) 2025.
ABSN applicants must have:
- A baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing field, OR sufficient time to complete a bachelor’s degree in time to start the program
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8 for all completed college-level coursework
- At the time you submit your application, at least three of the Natural Sciences (NSc) prerequisite courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in each course
- A minimum grade of 3.0 (“B”) in each ABSN prerequisite course, including all Natural Sciences courses, Lifespan Growth & Development, and Statistics
- There is no expiration date for prerequisite courses. However, you may wish to re-take a course if you feel you need a refresher
- At the time you submit your application, completion of a minimum 100 hours of paid or volunteer health care experience in one setting within a three-month span, completed within 12 months prior to applying
- A clear understanding of the Registered Nurse (RN) role
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Meet Essential Qualifications for ABSN students
If you do not meet the minimum requirements above, you should not submit an application at this time.
You must also apply to the UW as a post-baccalaureate student for spring or fall quarter; this is a separate process from School of Nursing admission. Admission to the School of Nursing does not guarantee admission to the UW.