ABSN program applications are due by October 17 at 5:00pm Pacific Time to begin study the following summer.
Learn how each part of your application will be reviewed by the ABSN Admissions Committee by listening to our in-person and online application information sessions.
Required Application Materials
Download, complete, and return ALL of the following ABSN application materials. Read the instructions carefully. You will need to submit an electronic AND a printed copy of your application. Your printed application and all required supplemental materials must be submitted in one packet, free of staples, clips or any other type of binder by 5:00pm on the deadline.
The ABSN application form uses calculated fields. Make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader installed when completing this application. If you are a Mac user, please make sure you are using Adobe Reader or Acrobat to complete the application. Mac’s default program, Preview, does not allow you to calculate fields and may send a blank form to us.
For the Colleges/Universities Attended section (Section D), download our Undergraduate GPA Entry How-To tutorial.
- ABSN application instructions
- Download and save the ABSN application to your computer before completing (includes checklist, application form, and Optional Applicant Data form)
- Supplemental Academic History form (if you attended more than ten colleges/universities)
- Letter of recommendation cover form
- Essential Qualifications form
- Authorization for Background Check form (do NOT run the background check when you apply)
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal statement (see instructions for essay questions)
- Current resume (see instructions for format guidelines)
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have ever attended or are currently attending, including the University of Washington; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Course descriptions for Lifespan Growth & Development, Statistics, and any ABSN Natural World prerequisite courses completed outside of Washington State
- Complete a written proctored essay at the Health Sciences Building on the UW Seattle campus. If you live out-of-area or require disability accommodations for writing the essay, read the application instructions for information on how to arrange this. There are no make-up sessions for the proctored essay and your application will be automatically denied if this is not completed.
- If you are admitted to the School of Nursing Accelerated BSN program and accept our offer of admission, you must submit a post-baccalaureate application to the University of Washington. Enrollment in the ABSN program is contingent upon successful admission to the UW Seattle campus. Admission to the Accelerated BSN program does not guarantee admission to the UW.