Brenda Zierler PhD, RN, FAAN
I would like to improve the quality and safety of care for patients with cardiovascular disease through developing clinical guidelines, implementing and evaluating team training strategies, and conducting evaluation research of the interventions. My latest efforts are focused on improving collaborative practice in an accountable care organization so that health care teams can co-produce health services with patients and families to meet their goals/needs.
Awards and accolades
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
- Member, Global Forum on Innovations in Health Professions Education for the National Academy of Medicine, Science, and Engineering
What classes do you teach?
I have taught health care systems courses in the CIPCT program. I am currently conducting team training for health care teams, and conduct faculty development programs focused on team training, facilitation of interprofessional teams, TeamSTEPPS, and coaching.
What do you love about the UW School of Nursing?
I love the excellent students and staff.
- interprofessional health care teams
- improve the delivery of care
- advanced heart failure
- team training strategies
- Relational Coordination
- interprofessional collaboration
- patient safety and clinical outcomes
DepartmentBiobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics
- Innovative Interventions
- Lifespan Health