January News & Awards
Congratulations to the following University of Washington nursing faculty for their recent appointments to an endowed professorship or fellowship by the UW Board of Regents.
- Allison Webel: Aljoya Endowed Professorship
- Basia Belza: de Tornyay Endowed Professorship for Healthy Aging
- Eeeseung Byun: Harborview Medical Center Endowed Professorship in Critical Care
- Ira Kantrowitz-Gordon: Lucia S. & Herbert L. Pruzan Endowed Faculty Fellowship in Nursing
- Oleg Zaslavsky: Aljoya Endowed Professorship
Each recipient is very well-deserved, and, their research, teaching, service, and practice, significantly contributes to the UW School of Nursing community.
- Professor Monica Mclemore was quoted in a recent NPR article on how Louisiana’s abortion law is affecting medical treatment for miscarriages.
- Research Professor Monica Oxford talks about the Promoting First Relationships program in a recent KUOW story: “A family’s mental health journey out of crisis: Swimming Upstream”.
- The UW School of Nursing is proud to announce the 2023 UW Health Sciences Martin Luther King, Jr. School of Nursing Community Service Award was awarded to Interim Dean & Associate Professor at the UW Tacoma School of Nursing & Health Care Leadership David Reyes.
- UW School of Nursing student Juana Gallegos was selected as the second United States recipient of the UW Queen Silvia Nursing Award (UWQSNA) for dementia care.
- PhD in Nursing Science student Tao Zheng’s grant entitled Sleep and Cognition After Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation was selected to receive a 2023 American Association of Critical-Care Nurses-Sigma Theta Tau Critical Care Grant.
- DNP Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner student Lilia Peng was selected to be a SAMHSA Minority Fellowship Program Coordinating Center (MFPCC) Fellow.