Resources for working with older adults and caregivers from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Health and medical resources pertinent to the American Indian population
The purpose of this blog is to increase awareness of the impact of culture on health and to support health care providers and students in their efforts to provide culturally sensitive and appropriate health care.
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under 'Patient Education'
Resources collected by the Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association including toolkits, interactive learning activities, fact sheets, core curriculum, conversations in palliative care, and treatment algorithms
This database of best and promising practices in the Indian Health Service contains Online Submission Consultation Reporting (OSCAR) system for evidence based and promising practices, local efforts policies, and other resources.
- A leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide
- Provides online courses, toolkits, forums, and patient resources.
- Collection of articles on internal displacement
- Keyword search for topics related to older adults
Resources include newsletters, research updates, and toolkits for the prevention of elder abuse.
- Resources include connections to the Nurses Improving Care for HealthSystem Elders (NICHE) program, ConsultGeriRN.org, and the eLearning Center.
- Health AGEnda blog
Resources from the Administration on Aging and the US Dept of Health and Human Services on preparing for long term care including links to tools and other resources
- Information on CAM use in older adult. Also, use keyword search to find information on elder adults and complementary/alternative medication
- An article on "What people aged 50 and older discuss with their health care providers"
Archived webinars from the National Center about Health and Aging
Information regarding research, training, best practices, news, and resources on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation