Resources for working with older adults and caregivers from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under 'Patient Education'
Resources from the Administration on Aging and the US Dept of Health and Human Services on preparing for long term care including links to tools and other resources
- Education resources for health sciences students, health care and social service professionals working with older adults
- Resources include online videos, continuing education opportunities, and a self study module on health literacy.
Educational information about life-threatening illness and end of life care to improve quality of care for those who are dying
Healthy people 2020: Objectives, interventions and resources on older adults
Resources collected by the Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association including toolkits, interactive learning activities, fact sheets, core curriculum, conversations in palliative care, and treatment algorithms
This database of best and promising practices in the Indian Health Service contains Online Submission Consultation Reporting (OSCAR) system for evidence based and promising practices, local efforts policies, and other resources.
- A leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide
- Provides online courses, toolkits, forums, and patient resources.
- Collection of articles on internal displacement
- Keyword search for topics related to older adults
Resources include newsletters, research updates, and toolkits for the prevention of elder abuse.
- Resources include connections to the Nurses Improving Care for HealthSystem Elders (NICHE) program, ConsultGeriRN.org, and the eLearning Center.
- Health AGEnda blog
- Information on CAM use in older adult. Also, use keyword search to find information on elder adults and complementary/alternative medication
- An article on "What people aged 50 and older discuss with their health care providers"
Archived webinars from the National Center about Health and Aging