Phyllis Zimmer MN, FNP, FAANP, FAAN
Psychosocial and Community Health (PCH)
What classes do you teach?
Clinical courses (NCLIN) for Family Nurse Practitioners.
What do you love about the UW School of Nursing?
I love the creativity, energy and ability of UW students. It’s such an honor to work with the “brightest and best” in our profession, and the UWSON has those students- and they are making a difference in healthcare around the world.
- Nurse Practitioner role
- Nurse Practitioner entrepreneurship
- healthcare for underserved populations
- health promotion
- Nurse Practitioners in global health
- Zimmer, P.A. et al (July-August, 2015). Promoting success in self- injection: Listening to patients. MEDSURGNursing, 24(4), 279-285.
- Zimmer, P.A. (In process). Compendium on Chronic Care/Health Policy- set of 3 white papers;
- Zimmer, P.A. (Nov/Dec, 2009). Cutting the cost of diabetes management: A clinical and cost comparison of blood glucose home monitoring systems. American Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 13(11/12). 52-59.