Black History Month
As we celebrate Black History Month, we honor and share stories of notable and amazing Black nurses and alumni
- Executive Dean Azita Emami’s latest blog post- Honor Black History with Me Today and Everyday
- 2023 Perspectives from Black Husky Nurses
- Lois Price Spratlen Scholars
- UW Magazine story A nursing leader’s living legacy – One of Seattle’s few Black nurses in the 1940s, Rachel Suggs Pitts helped create a network of support for her colleagues and nursing students.
- Mary Mahoney Professional Nurses Organization
- Frankie Manning – visionary nurse devoted to public service
Attend virtual and local events celebrating Black History Month. We’ll continue to post more throughout the month!
- Celebrate Black History Month with these engagement and learning opportunities
- Commemorate Black History Month at Northwest African American Museum