There are a number of ways that School of Nursing faculty can engage in international exchanges or collaboration. These include participating in a UW or SoN faculty exchange, spending time abroad during a sabbatical leave, leading a student study abroad program, collaborating on research with international colleagues, hosting a visiting scholar, or advising a visiting international doctoral student. Faculty members are also encouraged to contact Dagmar Schmidt, Director of Student and Academic Services (email@example.com), to discuss ideas and opportunities for international activities.
- Lead a School of Nursing Student Study Abroad Program
- UW Faculty Exchange Programs
- Host International Visitors at the School of Nursing
- Develop an Exploration Seminar
Exploration Seminars provide UW students with programs that get them out of the classroom and into their world, delving into timely, cutting edge topics. They are offered during the "early fall start" between summer and fall quarters. See the UW Exploration Seminar Web site for information on proposing a seminar.
- Fulbright Traditional Scholar Program
- Fulbright Senior Specialists Program
Fellowships provide grants for two to six weeks of teaching or consultation. Rolling application process.
- Fulbright New Century Scholars Program
Thirty top academics and professionals collaborate for one year on a topic of global significance.