Future Nurses Club
The mission of the Future Nurses Club is to provide mentorship, as current UW Nursing student, to undergraduate students – especially underserved individuals who have not yet been admitted to the nursing program.
We will serve as a bridge from current BSN students to undergraduate students interested in learning more about the field of nursing, getting involved in service learning projects, and connecting with other students with similar interests.
We will support and advocate for future nurses regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, educational and socioeconomic status, disability, age, sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Provide perspective & insight to help prepare and support Pre-Nursing students
- Advise students about the application process using information directly from the School of Nursing
- Expose roles of a nurse and their importance in the healthcare field. Includes meeting with current BSN students and nurses of various specialties
- Emphasize and encourage diversity within nursing by creating a safe space for open dialogue
- Collaborate through service learning (UW Nurse Camp, high school students, community colleges, Mary Mahoney, etc.)
- Network with like-minded undergraduates; support peers through process of applying
For more information about becoming involved, send an inquiry email to Megan Harrison email@example.com and Allie Park firstname.lastname@example.org.