School policies

Memo 36: Communicating Concerns About Instruction

If a student has any concerns about a course, course instructor, or course Teaching Assistant (TA), please see the TA or instructor about these concerns directly and as soon as possible. Direct communication with the affected parties is the simplest way to resolve any misunderstandings and miscommunication. If you are not comfortable talking with the TA or instructor, or are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you are encouraged to speak to the Department Chair of the course faculty.






Biobehavioral Nursing & Health Informatics (BNHI) Dr. Margaret Heitkemper T-601A 206.543.1091
Family & Child Nursing (FCN) Dr. Barbara Cochrane T-411A 206.685.0836
Psychosocial & Community Health (PCH) Dr. Teresa Ward 206.221.6576

Student and Academic Services will be available at any time during this process to provide support and guidance. You can contact your academic adviser in Student and Academic Services: Patrick Tufford for all students, and Anh Shafer for BSN/ABSN students.  Betsy Mau is the adviser for graduate students. Additional personnel in Student and Academic Services are the Director of Student and Academic Services, Patrick Tufford (, phone: 206.616.7898); or Dr. Anne Hirsch, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, (, phone: 206. 616.8407).

Additional Resources

  • University Ombudsman, 206.543.6028

Revised June 2018