All nursing students must complete UW Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training. You will complete the training through UW Medicine’s online Compliance Learning Portal (CLP).
To complete the training, you must have your:
- UW student number, and
- UW email address (NetID@uw.edu)
When you register for an account on the CLP, select the button next to Student. You will enter your 7-digit UW student number and you must use your UW student email address.
- UW Medicine Compliance Protecting Patient Information (HIPAA) module
- Compliance Learning Portal Training Guide
- UW Medicine Compliance Portal Frequently Asked Questions
- After completing the training, print two copies of the final verification screen (keep one for your own records and upload the other to your CastleBranch account)
- You may be required to take additional HIPAA modules at certain clinical sites.