Support the Simulation Center
Learning in a modern simulation setting provides a realistic, professional experiences for nursing students, which is especially important because opportunities to learn in clinical settings are increasingly limited.
Student support: Funding will allow the school to hire teaching assistants and nurses to staff the larger space. These roles would go to students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
Program support: Funding would be used to purchase new equipment and technology for students to use, as well as pay for ongoing maintenance and support of the equipment over time. Additionally, the new center will need two new positions to support center operations, such as scheduling and basic equipment support.
- Total project goal: $15 million to provide 20,000 square feet of simulation learning over two phases.
- Immediate need: $700,000 to purchase equipment and technology to use when Phase 1 is completed.
Phase 1 budget
- Total budget: $5.1 million
- Progress to date: $4.4 million provided by Washington State legislators and philanthropic support
- Amount still needed: $700,000
Phase 2 budget
- Total budget: $9.9 million
- Amount raised: 0
- Amount still needed: $9.9 million
For more information about making a gift to support the simulation center, contact Caroline Rosevear at 206.616.2464 or email@example.com.
Much of the good we accomplish is made possible by private support: by people and organizations underwriting leading-edge research, funding scholarships for promising students, and supporting world-class faculty members. With your gift, we will leverage the $4.1 million in funding from the state Legislature to update and triple the size of our current lab space and invest in more modern technology to help students master skills they will need to become successful nurses and nurse leaders.
You can create a lasting legacy at the UW School of Nursing. Honor a family member, an influential professor, or mentor. Preserve the name of your foundation or create a personal legacy. Here are a few of those opportunities:
- Simulation Center: $5 million
- Inpatient or outpatient labs: $1.5 million
- Exam and classrooms: $100,000 to $500,000
- Named endowments: $100,000 to $2 million