- Meet with your adviser and committee chair
- Turn in your paperwork to Student and Academic Services
- Cue your program director to verify your completion
- Graduation ceremony information
- After graduation
- Dates and deadlines
Inform your adviser, if different from your supervisory committee chair, that you have submitted your request for degree, and of your anticipated defense date. Verify that you have completed all of the course requirements for your program, as well as the Graduate School’s requirements.
Discuss any unfinished elements of your thesis or project with your committee chair. Ensure that you have met all School of Nursing thesis or scholarly project requirements.
Final quarter checklist:
- Signed Verification of Graduate Certificate Completion form
- Health Sciences photo identification badge and Access card
- Turn in any assigned keys to the person who assigned them to you
- Relinquish your locker by contacting HS Building Management at 206.543.6729 or stopping by T291A
- Empty your student mailbox and remove your name from the box in T-441
ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE RETURNED BY 5:00PM ON THE LAST DAY OF THE QUARTER, OR YOU WILL NOT GRADUATE.
The director of your graduate certificate program must send an e-mail to Betsy Mau (email@example.com) in Student and Academic Services with the following content:
Subject: Graduate certificate completion: [student last name]
- name of student
- student number
- code of your GCPAPN pathway (see below)
- “As of XX Quarter, 20XX, this student has met all requirements for the [NAME OF PATHWAY] (see below) Graduate Certificate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing. Please send this information to the Graduate School for transcripting.”
|APN 00 35||Infant Mental Health Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 05 35||Adlt Psych Mental Health NP Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 10 35||Infect Disease & Infect Cntrl Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 15 35||Adult Clinl Nurse Specialist Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 20 35||Nurse Educator Spec Trng Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 25 35||Forensic Nurse Specialist Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 30 35||Complmntary & Altrntve Med Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 35 35||Nurse Midwifery Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 40 35||Adult Nurse Practitioner Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
|APN 45 35||Environmental Health Grad Cert Prg Adv Prac Nsg|
If your program director does not send Betsy this email, she cannot inform the Graduate School, and the graduate certificate will NOT be included on your transcript.
If you are graduating summer, autumn, or winter quarter and wish to participate in the School of Nursing Convocation ceremony the June following your graduation: Convocation information will be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org student e-mail list and posted on the School of Nursing website in April. Make a note to check this site and follow the posted instructions in order to participate in the ceremony. You are also advised to send a note in April to email@example.com to inform Student and Academic Services of your intent to participate.
If you are graduating in spring quarter and wish to participate in the School of Nursing Convocation, please watch your email and check the site above for more information.
If you plan to seek certification and licensure as an advanced practice nurse after graduation, you may find the following links helpful: