Financial support application
School of Nursing financial support application
The School of Nursing has several scholarships to support nursing students enrolled at the Seattle campus during the academic year (autumn through spring). Though some scholarships are limited, we are able to help many of our students who have high unmet need.
Unmet need is determined from the Cost of Attendance (CoA) minus federal loans minus student/parent contribution; what is left is called unmet need. This figure is determined from the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the UW Office of Student Financial Aid (UW OSFA).
Who should apply?
Seattle campus-based nursing students whose budget dictates they will be struggling to meet their financial needs (tuition, living expenses, books, etc.) during their time as a student.
The donors set criteria for their scholarships. There are times when they are very specific, so it behooves students to apply because not everyone fits the criteria. Remember: scholarships are funding you do not have to pay back!
Here is information that will help you examine some of the types financial support available as you progress through your nursing program.
- Read the School of Nursing Financial Support Criteria Information Sheet to make sure you understand eligibility and priorities for School of Nursing funding
- Visit our External Scholarships and Educational Opportunities often for information about outside scholarships (non-UW Nursing), educational opportunities and upcoming/available student positions
- Eligible students complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2019. Complete this every year you are enrolled in your program of study.
- Read about sources of funding that are available through the UW School of Nursing.
- School of Nursing student financial support is awarded for one academic year only, unless otherwise designated in the award letter.
- Complete the online School of Nursing Financial Support Application between April 1 and May 1, 2019. MS-CIPCT students should apply no later than June 1, 2019.
Award letters will be mailed between mid-August and mid-September each year.