Financial support application
School of Nursing financial support application
The School of Nursing has several scholarships to support enrolled nursing students. Though some scholarships are limited, we are able to help many of our students who have high unmet need.
Unmet need is determined from the Cost of Attendance (CoA) minus federal loans minus student/parent contribution; what is left is called unmet need. This figure is determined from the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the UW Office of Student Financial Aid (UW OSFA).
The open application period for the 2017-18 academic year will be available at 9 a.m. on April 10, 2017. The application deadline is:
- May 23, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. PT for all degree programs except MS-CIPCT
- June 20, 2017 for the MS-CIPCT program
Complete the online 2017-18 School of Nursing financial support application between April 10 and May 23, 2017:
Applications received by May 23, 2017 will be considered for financial support.
Who should apply?
Nursing students whose budget dictates they will be struggling to meet their financial needs (tuition, living expenses, books, etc.) during their time as a student.
The donors set criteria for their scholarships. There are times when they are very specific, so it behooves students to apply because not everyone fits the criteria. Remember: scholarships are funding you do not have to pay back!
Here is information that will help you examine some of the types financial support available as you progress through your nursing program.
- Read the School of Nursing Financial Support Criteria Information Sheet to make sure you understand eligibility and priorities for School of Nursing funding
- Visit our Financial Support Opportunities blog often for information about outside scholarships (non-UW Nursing), educational opportunities and upcoming/available student positions
- New students complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 10, 2017. Complete this every year you are enrolled in your program of study.
- Read about sources of funding that are available through the UW School of Nursing.
- Complete the online School of Nursing Financial Support Application between April 10 and May 23, 2017. MS-CIPCT students should apply no later than June 20, 2017.
Award letters will be mailed no later than early September.
- The amount of financial support that the School of Nursing has to award is limited.
- School of Nursing student financial support is for the academic year only (autumn through spring). We do not fund for summer quarter.
- School of Nursing student financial support is awarded for one academic year only, unless otherwise designated in the award letter.
- Awards notices go out mid-August through mid-September each year.