How to apply
Applications due Monday, November 1, 2021
Who can apply?
- Must be a practicing registered nurse (RN) who:
- graduated from any of the three University of Washington nursing programs (UW Seattle, UW Bothell, or UW Tacoma) with a bachelor of science in nursing
- OR is a current UW undergraduate student nurse.
- Students enrolled in graduate degree programs (e.g. MSN, DNP, or PhD) may apply, as long as they are currently practicing as an RN and graduated from a University of Washington undergraduate nursing program
- The applicant must also be a U.S. citizen.
What do you need to apply?
- Your creativity and innovative ideas. We’re looking for nurses who have a great idea or have already implemented a solution to improve the lives of older adults and people living with dementia.
- If your application is selected as one of the finalists or semifinalists, we will reach out to ask you for a video that we can share publicly. This video will be due by early November.
What are we looking for?
The most competitive applicants will be able to answer the following questions about their idea or solution:
- What challenge or problem sparked your idea or solution?
- How would nurses and care teams benefit from adopting your idea or solution?
- Could other healthcare departments/areas/settings adapt and adopt your idea or solution?
- If you had the opportunity to begin implementing your idea tomorrow, what would be the key steps necessary and how long do you think that might take?
We want an applicant who is comfortable with writing, has excellent communication skills, can captivate an audience with their presence and passion for their idea and how it would improve the care of older adults with dementia. Some of the tasks that winners might undertake include managing an Instagram page, writing blogs and presenting your idea multiple times in various settings. For more details on the tasks and responsibilities, please click here.
If you have questions about the application process please contact Sarah McKiddy at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your ideas!
Applicant Timeline 2021
|September 1 – November 1||Application Period|
|November 1||Final Deadline for Applications|
|November 22||Finalists for public voting on social media|
|November 24-28||Public vote is open on social media|
|December 1-17||All finalists announced in all countries with jury meetings (presentations from finalists)|
|December 23||Public announcement of scholars|
|Spring 2022||Grand ceremony in Stockholm|
Thank you to our sponsors!