How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Applications now due Friday, November 13, 2020
Who can apply?
- If you are a practicing registered nurse (RN) who has graduated from any of the three University of Washington nursing programs (UW Seattle, UW Bothell, or UW Tacoma) with a bachelor’s of science in nursing or you are a current UW undergraduate student nurse, you may apply for the scholarship online through November 6, 2020. (DEADLINE EXTENDED to November 13, 2020)
What do you need to apply?
- Your creativity and innovative ideas. We’re looking for nurses who have a great idea or have already implemented a solution to improve the lives of older adults especially through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants ARE NOT REQUIRED to provide a 60 second video, as requested on the application page. This step is optional, and the jury will be judging applicants solely on the merit of their ideas or solutions during the initial round of judging. If your application is selected as one of the TOP TEN ideas, we will reach out to ask you for a video that we can share publicly.
What are we looking for?
The most competitive applicants will be able to answer the following questions about their idea or solution:
- What challenge or problem sparked your idea or solution?
- How would nurses and care teams benefit from adopting your idea or solution?
- Explain how your idea or solution could be potentially scaled up to a broader population? How far could it be scaled?
- Could other healthcare departments/areas/settings adapt and adopt your idea or solution?
- If you had the opportunity to begin implementing your idea tomorrow, what would be the key steps necessary and how long do you think that might take?
We want an applicant who is great with social media, comfortable with writing and can captivate an audience with their presence and passion for their idea and for caring for older adults with dementia. Some of the tasks that winners might do include managing an Instagram page, writing blogs and presenting your idea multiple times in various settings. For more details on the tasks and responsibilities, please click here.
If you have questions about the application process please contact Casey Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your ideas!
Thank you to our sponsors!