Prospective student advising & faculty mentor match
Success in our PhD program begins with matching your doctoral research goals with one of our faculty’s research and scholarly expertise.
- Go to the faculty search tool, check the box “Accepting PhD Students,” and use the keyword search to find faculty members whose research and scholarly expertise match your area of research (for instance, “gerontology” or “sleep”).
- Based on the search results, contact two to three faculty members directly to make sure their research interests and expertise match your goals. To see a faculty member’s full bio and contact information, click on their name in the search results.
- If they are not a good match or are unavailable for mentoring, ask if they can offer recommendations for other faculty members who are a better fit with your goals.
- In your PhD program application, you will list the names of the faculty who agree they are a good match and explain:
- why these individuals are potential faculty mentors, and
- how your research area would be facilitated by working with these faculty members.
If you have any questions about finding a faculty match for your research interests, contact our Student Outreach Coordinator in Student and Academic Services at 206.221.7708 or email@example.com.
The Student Outreach Coordinator will also talk with you about your background, your proposed area of focus for your doctoral studies, and your next steps in the application process.
Join us for an in-person information session to learn about our application process for this doctoral degree program.
These sessions help ensure that, when you submit your application, you are confident that you have submitted a competitive and complete application.
|November 7, 2018||Applying to the PhD Program||5:30 – 7:00 p.m.||HSB T-747|
|December 5, 2018||Applying to the PhD Program||5:30 – 7:00 p.m.||HSB T-747|
|January 9, 2019||Last Minute Q&A||5:30 – 7:00 p.m.||HSB T-747|