BSN info sessions
Find out how to apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program through our information sessions. You will learn about:
- our holistic application review process
- the prerequisites needed to apply
- how to create strong, focused personal essays and resumes
There are no upcoming info sessions current scheduled. Please check back soon for updates.
Download and listed to a previously recorded session to gain insight on submitting a highly-competitive application.
Online session by topic
- Goals and Nursing Shortage
- BSN vs. ABSN
- Program Structure
- Application Structure
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Preliminary Review
- Proctored Essay
Prospective student tools
Your advising center is Undergraduate Advising in Mary Gates Hall. You can schedule an appointment with a pre-nursing adviser to discuss course scheduling and questions about our nursing program.
Transfer applicants have several resources available to answer questions you have about the program and how to prepare for entering the School of Nursing:
- Course Equivalencies for Washington Community Colleges
- Explore Health Careers
- Pre-Health Advising at the University of Washington
- UW Pre-Health Advising Blog
- Transfer Thursday
The following tools can help you choose which courses will satisfy UW School of Nursing prerequisites:
4-year college or university and out-of-state students should work closely with an adviser at the school you are currently attending.