The PhD application is fully online via the UW Graduate School website.
With the exception of foreign transcripts, you will not send any items to the UW School of Nursing at the time of application.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School when you apply.
- We do not require the GRE.
- You will complete the PDF application forms using the free Adobe Reader software, which can be obtained at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended to the UW School of Nursing (see application instructions for details).
PhD program applications are due at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Jan. 16 to begin study the following autumn.
- PhD application instructions
- Online PhD application
- School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of goals and research interests
- Authorization for Background Check form (do not run the background check when you apply)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript)
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate
- UW School of Nursing pre-doctoral training fellowships (optional)