The MS-CIPCT program has been designed for working professionals. After a one-weekend orientation session on campus, all coursework can be completed online. Students can interact in real time with faculty and peers via web conference, or asynchronously through email and discussion boards.
- Full-time course of study may be compressed into 12-15 months on an individual basis.
- Part-time study is available with a program duration of 2 years.
- Scholarly Project must total 6 credits.
- Students will meet with their adviser and the Operations Manager before enrolling in courses to plan an individual course of study.
- Curriculum and course scheduling are subject to change.
Students interested in applying should review CIPCT curriculum and the distance learning options that are available.
Students are required to attend one Friday/Saturday session per year in September at the Seattle Campus. Aside from this annual weekend, students can complete the entire program from a distance.
At this meeting, new CIPCT students will be oriented to the program and Graduate School and participate in a variety of training activities and educational sessions. We bring in guest speakers for an afternoon to share information about career development, current research and events affecting the informatics field. Second
One of the most important aspects of the Annual Meeting is the opportunity for students to meet each other face to face prior to beginning courses and to re-connect at the beginning of their second year of study. First year students have the opportunity to meet continuing students and learn strategies to make their online learning experience successful. The in-person sessions contribute greatly to a feeling of connectedness with the cohort and make the online interactions more personal and meaningful.