The DNP application is fully online via the UW Graduate School website.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School when you apply.
- We do not require the GRE.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended to the UW School of Nursing (see application instructions for details).
January 15 is the priority admission deadline for the DNP. After the January deadline, Population Health Nursing will accept applications on a space-available basis until May 1.
Applications submitted at either deadline must be received by 11:59 p.m. and would begin in autumn quarter.
Attend an information session to learn about our application process and how to submit a competitive and complete application.
- DNP application instructions
- Online DNP application
- School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions (see instructions for prompts)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing, and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online interview following the deadline.
Please review our online information for details about the process and best practices for completing your interview.