The DNP and MPH applications are fully online via the UW Graduate School website. Both programs must offer admission before you are admitted into the concurrent degree program.
Students currently enrolled in one of the two programs must apply for the second program, indicating on the application that their intent is to complete both degrees concurrently. Current students should apply to the respective program in their first year.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School for both the DNP and the MPH application.
- While the School of Public Health requires the GRE, the School of Nursing does not.
- The School of Public Health requires GRE test scores (no minimum score) unless you hold a PhD, JD, DDS, MD, or another doctoral-level degree from an accredited U.S. school.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended (see application instructions for details).
Application availability & deadline
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online timed essay following the deadline.
Please review the information below for details about the process and best practices for completing the online essay.
Population Health & Systems Leadership
The priority deadline for Population Health & Systems Leadership is 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on January 15 to begin study the following autumn.
The PHSL track will also accept applications on a space-available basis until 11:59 p.m. PT on May 1.
Applications submitted at either deadline begin in autumn quarter.
Global Health MPH
Global Health MPH applications are due on Dec. 1 to begin study the following autumn.
School of Nursing
- DNP application instructions
- Online DNP application
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing, and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online timed essay following the deadline. The essay window will be open between 12 p.m. noon on Thursday January 28th and 5 p.m. Saturday, January 30th Pacific Standard Time.
We have opened a practice essay so you may be more familiar with the system. Click here to access the practice essay. Please note: this is for practice only and does not count as the final online essay.
Please reserve a minimum of 20 minutes to complete the online essay.
Shortly following the application deadline, you will receive an email invitation to complete the essay responses. Click the link in your email invitation to create your online account.
You will write two responses. Each question gives 2 minutes of preparation and 5 minutes to write your response for a total of 7 minutes each.
You will not receive the questions in advance and will have one chance to respond to each question.
Please direct all interview technical support issues to InterviewStream at 877.773.3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum requirements and recommendations
- It is recommended that you restart your computer or device within 24 hours of writing your essay.
- If you do not wish to restart your computer or tablet, clear the cache of the internet browser you plan to use and close and re-launch your internet browser, or use a private/incognito window.
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox work best when completing this online essay.
- If you will use a browser other than Chrome or Firefox, make sure Adobe Flash Player is up to date.
- Use a browser that is up to date. Check your browser version by accessing the Help > About menu in your browser of choice.
- Make sure your internet connection has a minimum download speed of at least 3 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of at least 1 Mbps. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, minimize the number of obstructions between your internet router and your computer.
School of Public Health
Please review the MPH application requirements on the Department of Global Health Health website.