The DNP and MPH applications are fully online via the UW Graduate School website. Both programs must offer admission before you are admitted into the concurrent degree program.
Students currently enrolled in one of the two programs must apply for the second program, indicating on the application that their intent is to complete both degrees concurrently. Current students should apply to the respective program in their first year.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School for both the DNP and the MPH application.
- While the School of Public Health requires the GRE, the School of Nursing does not.
- The School of Public Health requires GRE test scores (no minimum score) unless you hold a PhD, JD, DDS, MD or other doctoral-level degree from an accredited U.S. school.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended (see application instructions for details).
Population Health Nursing
January 15 is the priority admission deadline for the DNP. After the January deadline, Population Health Nursing will accept applications on a space-available basis until May 1.
Applications submitted at either deadline must be received by 11:59 p.m. and would begin in autumn quarter.
Global Health MPH
Global Health MPH applications are due on Dec. 1 to begin study the following autumn.
- Attend an in-person nursing program information session to learn about our application process and how to submit a competitive and complete application.
- The Department of Global Health offers online information sessions to prospective students, giving applicants the opportunity to speak with an MPH adviser and student representative.
School of Nursing
- DNP application instructions
- Online DNP application
- School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions (see instructions for prompts)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing, and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online interview following the deadline.
Please review our online information for details about the process and best practices for completing your interview.
School of Public Health
Please review the MPH application requirements on the Department of Global Health Health website.