The DNP and MPH applications are fully online via the UW Graduate School website. Both programs must offer admission before you are admitted into the concurrent degree program.
Students currently enrolled in one of the two programs must apply for the second program, indicating on the application that their intent is to complete both degrees concurrently. Current students should apply to the respective program in their first year.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School for both the DNP and the MPH application.
- While the School of Public Health requires the GRE, the School of Nursing does not.
- The School of Public Health requires GRE test scores (no minimum score) unless you hold a PhD, JD, DDS, MD or other doctoral-level degree from an accredited U.S. school.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended (see application instructions for details).
Application availability & deadline
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online timed essay following the deadline.
Please review the information below for details about the process and best practices for completing the online essay.
Population Health Nursing
Applications are available starting in August. January 15 is the priority admission deadline for the DNP. After the January deadline, Population Health Nursing will accept applications on a space-available basis until May 1.
Applications submitted at either deadline must be received by 11:59 p.m. and would begin in autumn quarter.
Global Health MPH
Global Health MPH applications are due on Dec. 1 to begin study the following autumn.
School of Nursing
Check back soon for updated SoN requirements.
All DNP applicants who submit a complete application will receive a link to complete an online timed essay following the deadline. This must be completed within a set timeframe.
Please reserve a minimum of 20 minutes to complete the online essay.
|If you apply to multiple DNP tracks,
you must complete an online essay for each track.
Shortly following the application deadline, you will receive an email invitation to complete the essay responses. Click the link in your email invitation to create your online account.
If you apply to more than one DNP track, you will receive an invitation for each track you have applied to. Make sure your responses to the questions match each track’s invitation.
You will write two responses. Each question gives 2 minutes of preparation and 5 minutes to write your response for a total of 7 minutes each.
You will not receive the questions in advance and will have one chance to respond to each question.
Please direct all interview technical support issues to InterviewStream at 877.773.3164 or email@example.com.
Minimum requirements and recommendations
- It is recommended that you restart your computer or device within 24 hours of writing your essay.
- If you do not wish to restart your computer or tablet, clear the cache of the internet browser you plan to use and close and re-launch your internet browser, or use a private/incognito window.
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox work best when completing this online essay.
- If you will use a browser other than Chrome or Firefox, make sure Adobe Flash Player is up to date.
- Use a browser that is up to date. Check your browser version by accessing the Help > About menu in your browser of choice.
- Make sure your internet connection has a minimum download speed of at least 3 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of at least 1 Mbps. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, minimize the number of obstructions between your internet router and your computer.
School of Public Health
Please review the MPH application requirements on the Department of Global Health Health website.