Letter of recommendation
Your letter of recommendation should be written by someone who supervised you during your hands-on healthcare experience, and is ideally a registered nurse (RN).
Family members and personal friends may not write your letter of recommendation.
You will designate a recommender through your online application. They will receive an email with a link to submit your recommendation online, and should respond to the following questions:
- Please describe the setting in which you supervised the applicant. Give details about their responsibilities and relationship to patient care.
- Give an example of how the applicant addresses issues of diversity. Are they sensitive to diversity issues? Are they willing to engage in patient care delivery in all settings? Are they able to deliver care to all patient populations? Give examples of each, if possible.
- Does the applicant, in your opinion, know that their values, attitudes, beliefs, emotions and experiences affect their perceptions and relationships with others? Provide an example.
- Give an example of how the applicant does or does not demonstrate problem-solving skills. In your opinion, does the applicant have the maturity and emotional stability to function effectively under stress? If you observed the applicant dealing with conflict or crisis, please describe the situation and how the applicant handled it.
- Give an example of how the applicant does or does not function as a member of a team in diverse interpersonal, academic, community and/or working environments.
- What qualities and traits does the applicant possess that would make them a successful professional nurse?
- What are some areas on which you think the applicant could improve?
- Please verify the number of hours you supervised the applicant in the healthcare setting.