Graduate certificate applications are due at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the following dates:
- October 15 to begin study in Winter
- January 15 to begin study in Spring
- May 1 to begin study in Autumn
Eligibility to apply
1. Track availability
Before starting a graduate certificate application, contact PMHNP track lead, Jean Tang (firstname.lastname@example.org), to ask if this graduate certificate program is currently accepting applications.
2. Previous or concurrent graduate degree
To apply to a graduate certificate, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Already have a graduate degree in nursing, with an appropriate specialization (required for all nursing advanced practice graduate certificates: Adult Geriatric NP, Midwifery, Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care, Psychiatric Mental Health NP, Women’s Health CNS)
- Already have a graduate degree in another appropriate field, when applicable (required for Advanced Practice Environmental and Occupational Health and Palliative Care)
- Currently enrolled or have applied to be admitted and enrolled at the University of Washington in an appropriate graduate degree program and would complete the graduate certificate concurrent with this degree (graduate certificates cannot be awarded until a degree is completed).
- This requirement applies to international applicants. Unless you are in the U.S. on an H visa (work visa), if you do not meet these criteria you cannot apply to a graduate certificate.
If you are bachelors prepared RN and do not meet one of the above criteria, you should apply to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program instead.
|We do not require the GRE for any of our graduate program applications.|
- Graduate Certificate application instructions
- Online Graduate Certificate application
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions (see instructions for prompts)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate