The GCPAPN application is fully online via the UW Graduate School website.
- You will submit a fee to the UW Graduate School when you apply.
- We do not require the GRE.
- If you have attended non-U.S. post-secondary college-level schools, you must submit an official transcript evaluation for each school attended to the UW School of Nursing (see Graduate Certificate application instructions for details).
Graduate certificate applications are due at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on May 1 to begin study the following autumn.
- Graduate Certificate application instructions
- Online Graduate Certificate application
- School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions (see instructions for prompts)
- Authorization for Background Check form (do not run the background check when you apply)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- You do not need to include a foreign transcript if you attended a foreign university through a study abroad program and the credits appear on your school’s transcript
- Copies of scores from appropriate tests demonstrating English-language proficiency (reading, writing and comprehension as well as spoken) if appropriate