Rebecca Hills MSPH, PhD
I am a Clinical Assistant Professor in Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics. I earned my MSPH from the University of Colorado and my PhD here at the UW. I am very involved in teaching for the Clinical Informatics and Patient Centered Technologies (CIPCT) Program here. I teach several courses and enjoy guiding Master’s students through the Scholarly Project Process. I also work on several research projects through the Northwest Center for Public Health Practice.
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics
- PhD, University of Colorado
- MSPH, University of Colorado
What do you love about the UW School of Nursing?
The people are brilliant, talented, caring and kind.
What classes do you teach?
NMETH 523, NMETH 520, NMETH 530
- public health informatics
- connecting clinical and population information
- public health information systems
- information needs in public health
- Simpson JE, Hills RA, Allwes D, Rasmussen L. Uptake of Meningococcal Vaccine in Arizona Schoolchildren after Implementation of School-Entry Immunization Requirements. Public Health Reports. Vol. 123, January-February 2013.
- Hills RA, Revere D, Altamore R, Abernethy NF, Lober WB. Timeliness and Data Element Completeness of Immunization Data in Washington State in 2010: a Comparison of Data Exchange Methods. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2012 Nov 5.
- Hills RA, Baseman JG, Revere D, Boge CLK, Oberle MW, Doctor JN, Lober WB. Applying the XForms Standard to Public Health Case Reporting and Alerting. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics. Vol. 3, No 2. 2011.