Ardith Doorenbos PhD, RN, FAAN
Dr. Doorenbos’ research is centered on palliative care, pain and symptom management. Her grant portfolio is funded by the National Institute of Health: National Institute of Nursing Research and National Cancer Institute and other professional sources. She has sustained record of over 100 peer-reviewed, data-based publications in nursing and multidisciplinary journals.
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics
- PhD, Wayne State University
- MSN, Madonna University
- BSN, Wayne State University
What do you love about the UW School of Nursing?
As a top-ranked research-intensive institution, the UW and the School of Nursing (SoN) provide exceptional support for both faculty and student research.
What classes do you teach?
Palliative Care Graduate Certificate NSG 526, NSG 527, & NSG 528
- pain management
- palliative care
- global health
- Innovative Interventions
- Symptom Science
- Health Equity
- Lifespan Health
- Ralston-Wilson, J., Artola, E., Lynn, A., & Doorenbos, A. Z. (2016). The feasibility of developing an inpatient acupuncture program at a tertiary care pediatric hospital. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 22(6), 458-464.
- Starks, H., Doorenbos, A., Lindhorst, T., Bourget, E., Aisenberg, E., Oman, N., Rue, T., Curtis, J. R., & Hays, R. (2016). The family communication study: A randomized trial of prospective palliative care consultation in the pediatric ICU using length of stay as a trigger for involvement. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 49, 15-20.
- Cook, W. A., Doorenbos, A. Z., & Bridges, E. J. (2016). Trends in research with U.S. military service member participants: A population-specific ClinicalTrials.gov review. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications, 3, 122-130.
- Haozous, E. A., Doorenbos, A. Z., & Stoner, S. (2016). Pain management experiences and the acceptability of cognitive behavioral strategies among American Indians and Alaska Natives. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 27(3), 233-240.
- Doorenbos, A. Z., Morris, A. M., Haozous, E. A., Harris, H., & Flum, D. R. (2016). Assessing cultural competence among oncology surgeons. Journal of Oncology Practice, 12(1), 61-62.
- Haozous, E., A., Doorenbos, A. Z., Alvord, L., A., Flum, D. R., & Morris, A. M. (2016). Cancer journey for American Indians and Alaska Natives in the Pacific Northwest. Oncology Nursing Forum, 43(5), 625-635.
- Doorenbos, A. Z., Levy, W. C., Curtis, J. R., & Dougherty, C. M. (2016). An intervention to enhance goals-of-care communication between heart failure patients and providers. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 52(3), 353-360.