Admitted camper information
Congratulations on your acceptance into the 2022 UW Nurse Camp!
Please make sure that you are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. during this entire week.
Required forms to complete and return
See below for all forms that must be reviewed, completed, and returned. You can fill these out as PDFs, print and scan/photograph, or even return via snail mail.
- Participant Agreement and Waiver
- Personal Release Form
- Privacy Consent Form for UW Nurse Camp 2022
- Declaration of Insurance Form
- 2022 UW Nurse Camp COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- You will also need to send us a picture of your COVID vaccine cards and update us if you receive any additional doses/boosters between now and the start of camp.
- UWMC Immunization History Form
- UWMC Observational Activities Agreement Form
Complete and submit the Online Codes of Conduct Acknowledgement Forms.
When are these forms due?
You must complete and submit all paper/digital/online forms by Friday, June 10, 2022. If you are waiting on important information to allow you to complete these forms (e.g., immunization records), please notify us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete or missing information received after Friday, June 10, 2022, may impact your ability to participate in UW Nurse Camp 2022.
How do I send UW Nurse Camp my completed forms?
There are several ways to return your forms to us:
- Complete and sign the forms digitally, and email them to email@example.com
- Print, complete, and sign the forms, and email scanned/photographed copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print, complete, and sign the forms, and mail them to:ATTN: UW Nurse Camp
UW School of Nursing
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195
Any method is acceptable! Just make sure we receive them by Friday, June 10, 2022.
I have questions about a form. Who should I contact?
Email us at email@example.com.
Important camper information
UW Nurse Camp schedule
- Thanks to the very kind and generous donations of community members, we will be providing breakfast, lunch, and some snack items EACH DAY of the camp. SO, make sure you get to the School of Nursing by 8:30 a.m. each day so you have time to fuel up!
- EVERY day UW Nurse Camp starts at 8 a.m. in Health Sciences Building Room T-661. We will end each day at 4 p.m., including Friday afternoon for the family and friends reception. Make sure you arrange your rides or the bus based on those start and finish times! We will be taking a bus from UW -Seattle campus to the UWMC -Northwest Hospital campus on Wednesday, July 13th so plan on coming to UW campus as usual as we will provide transportation for ALL campers. This is a DAY CAMP and no overnight accommodations are provided.
- We are finalizing details for the closing ceremony/reception and will give you information for your families during UW Nurse Camp week. Stay tuned! In the meantime, the reception is scheduled for 2:30 to 4 p.m. on Friday, July 15. If you know how many friends and family you’d like to invite, please let us know so we can plan for refreshments.
Covid-19 Youth Program Fact Sheet for Families
- Please review the Covid Youth Program Fact Sheet for Families
- Masks are highly encouraged to be worn during Nurse Camp
- If you have any symptoms before or during Nurse Camp, please contact our office immediately and stay home, review the Covid Youth Program Fact Sheet for Families for reference
What you do/do not need to bring
- On the first day, you need to bring a photo ID (either a school ID, passport, or driver’s license). This ID is REQUIRED; there are no exceptions. If you do not bring ID, you cannot attend clinicals.
- Pens, notebooks and anything else you need for the UW Nurse Camp will be provided. You do not need to bring anything except for yourself.
Getting to/from UW Nurse Camp
- On the first day, we will be meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the Health Sciences Building T661.
- Access maps and directions to the UW School of Nursing. There are directions for where to get dropped off and where to park if you decide to drive yourself.
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with the directions and the maps that are posted on the site! The Health Sciences Building can be very confusing if you don’t know your way around.
- Once you get to campus, follow the signs to T661 or feel free to ask any staff member for directions to T661. Just get yourself to the School of Nursing on Monday morning and the rest of the time, while you are on campus, we will have volunteers to escort you from place to place. You won’t have to worry about finding your way around each day.
- Transportation to and from the University is your responsibility. Visit the King County Metro Transit web site for route information and planning. The physical address for the UW School of Nursing is:
- 1959 NE Pacific Street
Health Sciences Building
Seattle, WA 98195-7260
- 1959 NE Pacific Street
- Throughout the camp, you will be visiting different departments at the UW Medical Center.
- On the first day you will be given regulation UW Nurse Camp scrub top and bottom and you are expected to wear the scrubs for the duration of UW Nurse Camp.
- It is REQUIRED that you wear closed toe shoes those days. Sneakers are fine. No open toed sandals
- You cannot wear belly tops, flip flops, or torn jeans/pants.
- If you have acrylic nails we will kindly ask you not to have them on during the week of camp and if you would like to wear polish please use a light color and have your nails short. We have a hand washing protocol and long nails, acrylic nails and dark polish are not permitted in clinical areas.
- If you have long hair, make sure you are prepared to bring a hair tie or some way to put your hair up. Loose hair may become entangled with the equipment we will be using.
- Finally, because the UW Medical Center is a fragrance-free zone, do NOT wear ANY cologne or perfume.