Join our executive team

Join our executive team

The UW School of Nursing is currently recruiting for two openings on the school’s executive team.

Associate Dean Academic Affairs

Application priority deadline: March 1, 2017

The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is a key leader at the UW School of Nursing (SoN) who leads Academic Affairs with responsibility for School of Nursing undergraduate and graduate programs including policy development and application, program evaluation, facilitation of coordinated program functioning including strategic planning and evaluation, and other activities in support of SAS.

As the leader for Student and Academic Services, the Associate Dean supports and equips a high-functioning team seeking excellence in the provision of a comprehensive suite of student services, including advising, admission, enrollment, orientation, course scheduling, etc. This position provides leadership to ensure that our students have a positive experience at the UW SoN. This begins with prospective students and how we market and showcase our school – and also encompasses current students and their experience with us in the classroom, in academic advising, and in career counseling. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of nursing education and workforce needs.

The Associate Dean will also make broad-reaching decisions and recommendations to the Dean regarding the SoN’s engagement in the area of professional and leadership development, simulation, teaching and learning and overall strategic direction.  This is a 75 percent FTE position; it is anticipated that the incumbent will actively pursue research or teach for the other 25 percent.

Application instructions

To apply, please send a letter of interest to Dr. JoAnne Whitney, School of Nursing, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Informatics along with a curriculum vitae. These materials should be directed to:

Greg Lawrence
Human Resources Representative
School of Nursing
Box 357260
sonhr@uw.edu

Learn more

Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

Application priority deadline: March 1, 2017

The Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ADDEI) is a new position and a key leader at the UW School of Nursing with the responsibility to ensure that, from climate to curriculum, the school’s missions of teaching, research, service and practice are imbued with the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion such that the School of Nursing will cultivate a welcoming, diverse, equitable and inclusive climate among students, staff, and faculty.

The Associate Dean will also make broad-reaching decisions and recommendations to the dean regarding the School of Nursing’s engagement in the area of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and overall strategic direction.

Application instructions

To apply, please send a letter of interest to Dr. Karen Schepp, School of Nursing, Psychosocial and Community Health, along with a curriculum vitae. These materials should be directed to:

Greg Lawrence
Human Resources Representative
School of Nursing
Box 357260
sonhr@uw.edu

Learn more