2018 Best Graduate Nursing Schools
Nursing programs rank highly in annual magazine survey
The University of Washington School of Nursing ranked highly in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Graduate Schools, which evaluated Doctor of Nursing Practice and Master’s programs nationally.
Our rankings are:
- No. 3 nationally among schools of nursing with a Doctor of Nursing Practice program. UW is the No. 1 ranked public graduate school of nursing with a DNP in the nation and the top ranked school in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest region.
- No. 6 nationally among schools of nursing with a Master’s program. UW is the top ranked school of nursing with a Master’s program in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest region.
Additionally, the magazine ranked several UW School of Nursing specialties, including:
- Family nurse practitioner: 3
- Adult gerontology nurse practitioner: 7
- Pediatric nurse practitioner: 7
- Nursing Informatics: 8
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner: 8
- Adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner: 11
- Nurse Midwifery: 12
For the full listings and information about the magazine’s methodology, visit usnew.com/grad.
“Rankings like these are a wonderful reminder to celebrate the hard work, dedication and passion of our students, faculty, staff, community and clinical partners, alumni and friends,” said Dr. Azita Emami, executive dean of the UW School of Nursing. “I am thankful every day for their contributions in ensuring we produce incredible nurses prepared to fight for health equity, protect human rights, promote wellness and reduce health disparities.”
During our celebrations, we must remember that magazine rankings do not ultimately prepare future nurse leaders, advance nursing science or ensure health equity for all people, Emami added.
“Our true barometer for success will always remain our student’s preparation, our contribution to scientific knowledge and our impact on the communities we serve,” she said.