2016 Clinical Preceptors and Mentor of the Year
This year’s honorees include:The UW School of Nursing is proud to announce its 2016 Clinical Preceptors and Mentor of the Year. The preceptors and mentors represent a variety of advanced practice tracks at the UW School of Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing: Renee Hommel, LPN; Marion-Forsman Boushie Early Learning Center
- Nurse Midwifery: Sara Warr, CNM; Madigan Army Medical Center
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Phylicia Hancock-Lewis, ARNP; Confluence Health – Omak Clinic
- Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner: Steve Felton, Swedish Residential Care Team, Swedish at Home
- Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Kelly Bliss, Sound Mental Health
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: Marijo Ratcliffe, ARNP, PNP; Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist: Evelyn Hickson, Perinatal CNS; EvergreenHealth Medical Center
Preceptors and mentors are healthcare professionals practicing in the community that volunteer to teach School of Nursing students in clinical settings, allowing students to receive important hands-on patient care experience.
“Our preceptors are crucial to the success of our school. Without their contributions, we could not prepare the next generation of nursing leaders,” said Azita Emami, Ph.D., M.S.N., R.N.T, R.N., F.A.A.N., executive dean of the UW School of Nursing. “I am deeply grateful for the experiences and mentorship these healthcare professionals provide to our students.”
The UW School of Nursing began recognizing the contributions of advanced practice preceptors in 1994.