The UW School of Nursing Convocation and Award Ceremony will take place on Friday, June 13, 2014. The ceremony begins at 9:30am and concludes at 11:00am, with a short reception in the lobby.
Meany Theatre seats a total of 1179 (including 16 designated wheelchair spaces). Annually, we expect approximately 250 graduates and their guests. The first 5-6 rows are reserved for graduating students. All seats in the theatre have an excellent view of the stage, and seating is not assigned. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate strollers or car seats in the auditorium (there will be a designated space in the lobby for these). Because of the limited space, priority is given to guests who are wheelchair-bound or have limited mobility.
Tickets for Faculty and Staff
Because of the very limited seating in Meany Theatre, priority for tickets must be given to friends and families of the graduates.
- Additional staff are always needed to assist with directing families to and around Meany Theatre, helping seat families with limited mobility, etc. This is a much appreciated way for you to participate in this important yearly celebration of our students' success! Please contact Student and Academic Services for more details.
- Faculty members who wish to participate in Convocation must RSVP to join the Dean's Party on stage.
Due to the available seating capacity, each graduate who registers through the UW Commencement website by May 25, 2014 (http://www.washington.edu/graduation/registration) will receive a guaranteed number of 3 tickets for family and friends. Graduating students and faculty participating in the Dean's Party do NOT require tickets for themselves.
- Please note that the tickets you order through the UW Commencement website are for the University commencement ceremony on Saturday, June 14 - NOT for the SoN Convocation.
The SoN Convocation tickets form will be available beginning May 7, 2014 and will close on Sunday, May 25, 2014. Please submit this form to indicate:
- The number of guaranteed tickets you wish to keep
- The number of additional tickets you would like to request
- Additional tickets beyond the initial 3 are not guaranteed. If you have extra tickets that you do not intend to use, please return them to the front desk in Student and Academic Services (T-301) so they can be distributed to graduates who are on the waiting list.
- Please pick up your tickets no later than 5:00pm on Friday, June 6. Because of the overwhelming desire for additional tickets every year, tickets that have not been collected by this date will be given to those on the waiting list.