Student ID Cards

UW Husky Student ID Cards

University of Washington student ID cards (Husky Card) can be issued any time after you have accepted the UW offer of admission and have paid the enrollment confirmation deposit to confirm your intention to attend. Students who are eligible to register or who have registered may obtain their cards.

To get your Husky Card, go to the ground floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library (next to the By George Café). The library hours are 8:00am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Please bring state or federal issued photo identification (such as a driver's license or passport) with you when you come to get your Husky Card.

Health Sciences Building Access Cards

If you need after-hours access to the Health Sciences Building (6:00pm - 6:00am weekdays; weekends and holidays), you must purchase an access card from Health Sciences Building Management. This is separate from your Husky Card and Health Sciences Photo ID and not required.

Health Sciences Building Management has a daily "Open Session Hour" for photo IDs and access cards. Please check the Health Sciences Building Management website for updated drop-in hours. You can also call to make an appointment if the posted time is not convenient for you.

Health Sciences Photo ID Cards

3 weeks prior to the start of your program, you will receive an email with instructions on how to get your photo ID and building access card. All students are required to get a Health Sciences photo ID badge and wear it while in the Health Sciences complex after hours (i.e., weekdays before 6:00am and after 6:00pm, all day on weekends and holidays).

When getting your Health Sciences Photo ID and access card, you will need to bring your photo ID with you.

Replacing a Lost Health Sciences Photo ID or Building Access Card

If at any time you lose your Health Sciences photo ID or building access card, a replacement can be made. Contact Jeannie Ngo ( for more information.

Payment Information

Payment for new or replacement photo IDs and optional building access cards must be made via personal check made out to the University of Washington ONLY.



Original Photo ID only
Original access card$10.00
Replacement photo ID only$10.00
Replacement access card only$14.00
Placement photo ID and access card$24.00