Each summer and autumn, we provide a mandatory orientation for incoming nursing students. Our summer orientation is geared for our new ABSN students who begin in Summer Quarter, and our autumn orientation is designed for students entering all other degree and certificate programs.
2015 Orientation Dates
Summer orientation for new ABSN students and BSN students who elect to begin in Summer Quarter will take place on June 17 and 19, 2015.
Autumn orientation for new BSN, MN, MS, DNP, PhD and Certificate Program students will take place on September 23 and 25, 2015.
Where do I need to go for orientation?
New students should come to the University of Washington Seattle campus for their mandatory orientation. Your orientation will take place in the Health Sciences Building (T-Wing) and South Campus Center. Signs will be posted and staff will be available to direct you to the appropriate rooms.
Please allow enough time to either bus to campus or to find parking and walk to the Health Sciences Building. Parking on campus is $15/day, and you should let the gate attendant know you wish to park close to the Health Sciences building/hospital.
What should I bring with me?
Please bring your photo ID/Husky Card. We will provide you with pens and paper.
What should I do before then?
All new students should:
- Set aside the full day for your designated orientation dates
- Make sure your prerequisite courses and degrees are complete and you have sent updated transcripts to both the University of Washington and the School of Nursing
- Download and thoroughly read through the information in your program's GoKit
- Be on the lookout for an email from Student and Academic Services with specific instructions for:
- drop-in dates/times for getting your photo ID/building access cards (you paid the fee for these when you returned your Intent to Register form)
- Complete all compliance requirements by the deadline
- Contact the School of Nursing in advance if you require special assistance/disability accommodations
- Contact the University of Washington and the School of Nursing if you have updated your name and/or contact information