To be eligible for On-Leave Status, a graduate nursing student must comply with the policies and procedures outlined in University of Washington Graduate School Memorandum No. 9 (Revised July 2011), On Leave Policy to Maintain Graduate Student Status.
Steps for Petitioning for On-Leave Status
- Review policies and procedures outlined in University of Washington Graduate School Memorandum No. 9, On Leave Procedures to Maintain Graduate Student Status.
- Log into MyGrad to submit your On-Leave request online. Requests for leave must be submitted quarterly.
- Obtain the written approval of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the student’s faculty advisor or doctoral supervisory chair. These approvals may be submitted by e-mail to the Academic Counselor for Graduate Students (Betsy Mau, email@example.com).
- Submit fee payment online. Payment must be received by the last day of instruction.
- Upon return to the University from On-Leave status, re-subscription to the appropriate student email list may be required.
Revised September 2012
Student and Academic Services Memo No. 32