Welcome to the University of Washington School of Nursing!
We are excited that you have accepted our offer of admission and chosen to pursue your program of study at one of the most beautiful college campuses in the nation. You will be working alongside exceptional peers and faculty and have a wide variety of resources available to you.
Staff in Student and Academic Services (SAS) are happy to work with you to make sure you are ready to go! You will receive correspondence from SAS, so please make sure you send us any updates to your contact information.
Please review the important information in this section to make sure you have:
- completed all requirements for admitted applicants or waitlisted applicants
- set aside the designated 2 days for a mandatory School of Nursing orientation
- successfully completed all prerequisite coursework and degrees prior to enrolling
- completed any outstanding compliance requirements
- submitted the School of Nursing Financial Support Application
- set up your UW NetID and email address and picked up your Husky Card
- contacted the Student and Academic Services Office at the School of Nursing with any updates to your contact information
Every new School of Nursing student must attend a mandatory 2-day orientation prior to the start of their program of study. You will receive detailed information via email 6 weeks prior to your program's orientation dates. Please make sure you can receive email from addresses with a "uw.edu" extension.
Please visit the appropriate uniforms/dress code page below for information on dress and appearance requirements:
Undergraduate Student Supply Bags
To help students avoid overpurchasing specialty stethoscopes and to improve the NCLIN 302 experience, ABSN and BSN students should purchase a supply bag from MDF Instruments. The supply bag includes a:
- blood pressure cuff and sphygmomanometer
- reflex hammer
- reusable gown
- ABSN and summer start BSN students: submit your order no later than June 1, 2015 at www.mdfinstruments.com/uw