Communicating Concerns About Instruction

If a student has any concerns about a course, course instructor, or course Teaching Assistant (TA), please see the TA or instructor about these concerns directly and as soon as possible. Direct communication with the affected parties is the simplest way to resolve any misunderstandings and miscommunication. If you are not comfortable talking with the TA or instructor, or are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you are encouraged to speak to the Department Chair of the course faculty.






Biobehavioral Nursing & Health Systems (BNHS)Dr. Margaret HeitkempterT-601a(206)
Family & Child Nursing (FCN)Dr. Gail HouckT-401(206)
Psychosocial & Community Health (PCH)Dr. Karen ScheppT-505(206)

Academic Services will be available at any time during this process to provide support and guidance. You can contact your academic advisor in Academic Services: Patrick Tufford for all students, and Anh Shafer for BSN/ABSN students.  Betsy Mau and Maria Tong are the advisors for graduate students. Additional personnel in Academic Services are the Director of Academic Services, Dagmar Schmidt (, phone: (206) 221-2461); or Maggie Baker, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (, phone: (206) 616-8407).

Additional Resources

  • Kathleen Jennings, Mental Health Counselor,, (206) 543-8734
  • University Ombudsman, (206) 543-6028

Revised September 2013
Academic Services Memo No. 36