A fully equipped Sleep Research Laboratory consists of a control room, a sleep study research area with three bedrooms and shower/ bathroom facilities.
- Polysomnographic recordings of sleep can be obtained from three subjects simultaneously by means of a computer-based sleep EMBLA acquisition system.
- A portable computer-based polysomnographic sleep recording system is available for monitoring sleep in home or clinic settings.
- Numerous microprocessors (Minimetter actigraphy) are available for recording of activity and body temperature (BioPac).
- Software is available for scoring the activity data for sleep detection and cosinor analysis of temperature data.
- The lab also has a repair shop, which is used for making and reconditioning small laboratory equipment.