Autumn Quarter 2015 call for proposals from the School of Nursing Research and Intramural Funding Program (RIFP). The Office for Nursing Research will accept RIFP proposals until 5 pm PST Monday November 16, 2015.
RIFP funds are only available to faculty at the Seattle campus. The application and review processes are the same for all programs announced in the Call for RIFP Proposals. The purpose, eligibility, and award amount of RIFP grants and other SON grants may differ. Please refer to the specific funding availability and eligibility requirements announced in the Call for RIFP Proposals during each application period. The maximum amount of the award is $15,000.
There may be an additional funding opportunity through the de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging, maximum award of $15,000 for a successful proposal that addresses older adult populations. Preference for such funding is given to those who incorporate RA-ships for SoN graduate students. Please indicate on the cover page of the proposal if you would like to be considered for de Tornyay Center funding. For questions, please email email@example.com.
1. Pilot research that can be expected to lead to extramural support of a more extended proposal
2. Proposals for research within the SoN priority areas:
- Health Equity
- Innovative Methods
- Lifespan Health
- Symptom Science
3. Support of studies by new investigators
4. Unexpected research requirements and emergencies
5. Continuation of research during temporary interruption of grant support
Please see Application Information below for additonal information and required forms. The PI must submit one (1) electronic copy (PDF) of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Electronic signatures of the PI and Department Chair should be included on the cover page. The PI may instead submit one (1) unsigned electronic (PDF) of the application to email@example.com plus (1) printed copy of the signed cover page only to Kendra Hayward, Office for Nursing Research, T643, Box 357265.
-All faculty submitting RIFP proposals need to discuss their intent to apply for RIFP funding with their Department Chair prior to submission. In order to be eligible for this call, final reports for previous RIFPs must be on file in the Office for Nursing Research.
• Seattle campus faculty with or without tenure
• Seattle campus research faculty and research scientists
• Seattle campus clinical assistant, associate or full professors
• Seattle campus postdoctoral scholars who have accepted faculty positions within a SON department
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about the RIFP application process.
For a list of funded projects, click here.
- RIFP Review Form (Word)