All Degree Programs
All BSN, ABSN, MN, MS, DNP, PhD and Certificate students are required to complete the online Blood Borne Pathogens (BBP) training prior to starting clinical rotations. An email confirmation will be provided to each student after successful completion of the training.
Students With RN Licensure
If a graduate student has an RN license, submission of the Blood Borne Pathogens Acknowledgement form is required to acknowledge that this training was completed as a requirement of licensure.
All Degree Programs
All BSN, ABSN, MN, MS, DNP, PhD, and Certificate students are required to complete a seven hour HIV/AIDS course prior to enrollment. Students may complete this requirement by completing the UW Continuing Nursing Education HIV/AIDS Education course, or by taking a previous training at another agency. Students must be able to provide proof to the State of HIV/AIDS training when applying for RN licensure.
In order to qualify for the $50 rate for nursing students, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.uwcne.org, click on "Self-Study," then "Online Education," then choose "HIV/AIDS: Implications for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals - 7th Edition."
- At the bottom of the page, you can register by adding the course to your cart.
- Log in with your login email and password
- If you do not have an account, click on "Create Account" and follow the instructions.
- VERY IMPORTANT: When you get to the Accountholder Registration page, it will ask for "Your Affiliation" with a drop-down box. Choose UWSON Student in order to get the $50 student rate. DO NOT choose "UW School of Nursing (Faculty, Clin Faculty or Nursing Student)". This will charge you $71.
- Once you get to the Checkout Page, your order should be listed with the price that will be charged to your account. If the total amount does not say $50, do not go forward. Go back and change your affiliation. If you have trouble with this, contact CNE at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 543-1047.
- Check out and proceed with your registration.
- After entering your payment information, click "Proceed."
- A page of your order will show up for you to review and confirm. VERY IMPORTANT: At the bottom of this page, click on the button that says "Complete Registration."
- You should receive instructions on how to go to class.
Students with RN Licensure
If a graduate student has an RN license, submission of the HIV/AIDS Education and Training Acknowledgement form is required to acknowledge that this training was completed as a requirement of licensure.