Minimum Requirements to Apply to the DNP Program
- We do NOT require the GRE for any of our graduate programs
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 90 graded quarter credits
- Meeting Essential Behaviors for graduate students
- If your native language is not English, proof of English language proficiency, including spoken English.
- International applicants must have an active unrestricted US Registered Nurse (RN) license at time of application; if you hold an ARNP license that must also be an active unrestricted US license. You will be required to apply for and obtain Washington State licensure to begin the DNP program should you be offered admission.
- If your RN degree is not a bachelor degree you must submit Leadership and Community Health Nursing BSN equivalency essays (see page 4 of application instructions)
If Admitted to the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Additional requirements you MUST meet before starting the program are:
- complete a background check through Verified Credentials
- Post-baccalaureate applicants only: completion of an approved 3 quarter credit basic course in descriptive and inferential statistics with a grade of at least 2.0. Effective for 2014 admissions, this course must be completed within 5 years of matriculating into the program.
- possess an active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Washington; if you hold an ARNP license, that must also be active and unrestricted in the state of Washington (this includes international applicants)
- one of the following:
- a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE or NLN accredited program
- an associate degree or diploma from an accredited RN program, and a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing field
- a Master of Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
Students are strongly encouraged to attend full-time. The curriculum was designed for full-time study. Students may go part-time but, because of course sequencing, there may be quarters when there are no required courses available (updated 5/6/13).
Required Application Materials
- DNP application instructions
- DNP application checklist
- Online DNP application, including School of Nursing Supplemental Form
- Current curriculum vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions
- Scholarly writing sample
- Completed Background Check, Authorization for Repeat Checks, and Dissemination of Results form
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Copies of English competency (reading, writing, and comprehension, as well as spoken) scores, if applicable
- BSN equivalency essays, if applicable