- Need to review insulin, hep, central line content.
- Med permission is unit specific; UWMC rolls out bar code med system Feb 19, 2014, affecting some units. Lauren Cline awaits further direction from leadership as to whether our students can use the bar codes.
The URL is available after students have a computer account. This requires a UW Medicine Account. Your instructor will let you know when your account is ready for you to access the URL and the required modules that you will need to complete for your rotation.
Complete Before Clinical Orientation
Per the UW Medicine security policy, you cannot have your UW email forwarded to an outside email account; you are required to use a 'u.washington.edu' or 'uw.edu' email address. If you use the email forwarding service, it will need to be deactivated for the duration of your clinical rotation. You are considered a UW Medicine Workforce Member until the end of your clinical rotation. If you are auto-forwarding email at this time, disable this feature IMMEDIATELY through the following website: https://uwnetid.washington.edu/manage/?forward. To change your email forwarding, choose “Forward to UW Deskmail” then choose “OK.” If you need help setting your forwarding correctly, please contact UW Medicine IT service at (206) 543-7012. You can also contact the UW-IT Service Center at (206) 221-5000 or send an email to email@example.com.For reference, please see UW Medicine's Electronic Data Policy located at: https://security.uwmedicine.org/guidance/policy/electronic_data/default.asp
All UWMC paperwork will be handled through your instructor.
Student and Academic Services will coordinate and submit your passport to UWMC.
Computer Training ORCA
All students will need to attend a mandatory computer training class. Your instructor will provide you with the accurate day, time, and location of the trainings.
- Jewelry, Accessories, and Scented Products: Jewelry worn by employees must be of reasonable shape and size, appropriate to the work setting, and may not interfere with patient care, job performance, or safety. Earrings and small nose studs are the only acceptable forms of visible pierced jewelry. Rings must be small enough to allow for the use of gloves, with no risk of tearing the gloves.
Mild scented products, including, but not limited to, perfume, cologne, after-shave, or body lotions, may be worn in moderation, but should be discontinued if patients, visitors, or co-workers express a concern. In clinical settings, the use of any scented products is strongly discouraged, since they may cause respiratory problems for people in the treatment area or may interfere with equipment. Scented products may be restricted altogether in certain areas, such as operating rooms.
- Tattoos: Individuals may be asked to cover tattoos at management’s discretion.
Additional Site Requirements
- Color vision screen. Students who fail their color vision are exempt from Point of care testing and need to seek help to do the task. You are still able to come to clinical.
- Flu vaccination