Resources for older adults, family, and caregivers
Housing and Social Services
Federal and Washington State support programs
Resources on long term care options including adult family homes, assisted living, and nursing home
Resources for patients and professionals including newsletters and updates on programs that have undergone the Older Americans Act Title IIID submission process
The purpose of this blog is to increase awareness of the impact of culture on health and to support health care providers and students in their efforts to provide culturally sensitive and appropriate health care.
- A leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide
- Provides online courses, toolkits, forums, and patient resources.
Resources for older adults and their care providers such as common red flags
Helps people participate in life and promotes physical activity via coaching and communication on apps.
Resources from the Administration on Aging and the US Dept of Health and Human Services on preparing for long term care including links to tools and other resources
- The official government site for Medicare
- Users can search for health and drug plans, apply for Medicare, or find someone to talk to about specific situations.
Caregiver resources such as web sites, videos, brochures, etc.
- Information on CAM use in older adult. Also, use keyword search to find information on elder adults and complementary/alternative medication.
- An article on "What people aged 50 and older discuss with their health care providers"
Archived webinars from the National Center about Health and Aging
Resources and information on various types of elder abuse
Information regarding research, training, best practices, news, and resources on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation