Resources for older adults, family, and caregivers
Housing and Social Services
Federal and Washington State support programs
Resources include evidence based Alzheimer's information for patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
National Blueprint: increasing physical activity among adults aged 50 and older from a coalition of organizations
- Education resources for health sciences students, health care and social service professionals working with older adults
- Resources include online videos, continuing education opportunities, and a self study module on health literacy.
This database of best and promising practices in the Indian Health Service contains Online Submission Consultation Reporting (OSCAR) system for evidence based and promising practices, local efforts policies, and other resources.
- A leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide
- Provides online courses, toolkits, forums, and patient resources.
Resources for older adults and their care providers such as common red flags
Helps people participate in life and promotes physical activity via coaching and communication on apps.
Resources from the Administration on Aging and the US Dept of Health and Human Services on preparing for long term care including links to tools and other resources
- The official government site for Medicare
- Users can search for health and drug plans, apply for Medicare, or find someone to talk to about specific situations.
Caregiver resources such as web sites, videos, brochures, etc.
- Information on CAM use in older adult. Also, use keyword search to find information on elder adults and complementary/alternative medication.
- An article on "What people aged 50 and older discuss with their health care providers"
Archived webinars from the National Center about Health and Aging
Resources and information on various types of elder abuse