Resources for older adults, family, and caregivers
Housing and Social Services
Federal and Washington State support programs
Resources to assist clinicians in evaluating the ability of older patients to operate motor vehicles safely
Health and medical resources pertinent to the American Indian population
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under "Patient Education"
- Offers programs at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
- Resources and tips for family caregivers
Feet First works to ensure all communities across Washington are walkable and provides walking maps and more resources.
Quick links to resources for Cognitive/Mental Health, Diversity in Aging, End of Life Care, Mobile Resources, Technology and Aging, and National Geriatric Organizations
- Evidence-based geriatric clinical nursing website of The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, at New York University's College of Nursing
- Resources include evidence based fact sheets on geriatric topics, clinical tools, faculty resources, continuing education, as well as information on advocacy and special practice with older patients.
Blog on healthy aging from the American Geriatrics Society
Healthy People 2020: Objectives, interventions and resources on older adults
Provides access to information, tools, and state-produced resources on promising practice.
Information sheet for patients and their family by the Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association
National Blueprint: increasing physical activity among adults aged 50 and older from a coalition of organizations