Resources for older adults, family, and caregivers
Housing and Social Services
Federal and Washington State support programs
The purpose of this blog is to increase awareness of the impact of culture on health and to support health care providers and students in their efforts to provide culturally sensitive and appropriate health care.
Resources for patients and professionals including newsletters and updates on programs that have undergone the Older Americans Act Title IIID submission process
Non-profit organization focusing on national health issues including Medicare's financial outlook
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under "Patient Education"
- Offers programs at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
- Resources and tips for family caregivers
Feet First works to ensure all communities across Washington are walkable and provides walking maps and more resources.
Quick links to resources for Cognitive/Mental Health, Diversity in Aging, End of Life Care, Mobile Resources, Technology and Aging, and National Geriatric Organizations
- Evidence-based geriatric clinical nursing website of The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, at New York University's College of Nursing
- Resources include evidence based fact sheets on geriatric topics, clinical tools, faculty resources, continuing education, as well as information on advocacy and special practice with older patients.
Blog on healthy aging from the American Geriatrics Society
Healthy People 2020: Objectives, interventions and resources on older adults
Provides access to information, tools, and state-produced resources on promising practice.
Resources collected by the Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association including toolkits, interactive learning activities, fact sheets, core curriculum, conversations in palliative care, and treatment algorithms
National Blueprint: increasing physical activity among adults aged 50 and older from a coalition of organizations