Resources for older adults, family, and caregivers
Housing and Social Services
Federal and Washington State support programs
Resources include evidence based Alzheimer's information for patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
National Blueprint: increasing physical activity among adults aged 50 and older from a coalition of organizations
- Education resources for health sciences students, health care and social service professionals working with older adults
- Resources include online videos, continuing education opportunities, and a self study module on health literacy.
Information on aging services, distance learning, and toolkits available
Information for older adults/caregivers, publications, toolkits, prevention and health promotion, caregiving, emergency preparedness, health disparities, mental health and aging, and resources/programs by state
- Offers programs at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
- Resources and tips for family caregivers
YouTube video by Dr. Mike Evans on the "one thing" that can most improve health Hint: It's exercise.
Keyword search for resources on active aging and older adults
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) resources for family caregivers
Resources on long term care options including adult family homes, assisted living, and nursing home
Training requirements and payment processes for service providers who receive payments from DSHS
Resources for an adult remaining at home including home care, home care, home health, and community supports
- The Federal agency responsible for increasing access to community supports
- Resources on the unique needs of older Americans and people with disabilities across the lifespan