- Tips on searching the web for evidence based care of older adults
- Tutorials on how to improve search methods including how to start and when to stop searching.
- Tools to evaluate the quality of information
Tutorials: Searching for Reliable Online Information
The developed tutorials based on the user needs analysis contain the efficient ways of searching professional and reliable online information about:
- Academic material from universities
- Returning to sites with reliable geriatric information
- Using the “advance search”
Resources for patients and professionals including newsletters and updates on programs that have undergone the Older Americans Act Title IIID submission process
Geriatric Nursing includes the APRN education project, APRN webinar series, GNEC project, competencies, resources, and gerontology education awards.
Information for older adults/caregivers, publications, toolkits, prevention and health promotion, caregiving, emergency preparedness, health disparities, mental health and aging, and resources/programs by state
Tools to critically analyze websites and online content
Digital literacy includes the ability to find and use information and also encompasses communication, collaboration and teamwork, social awareness in the digital environment, understanding of e-safety and creation of new information.
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under "Patient Education"
Quick links to resources for Cognitive/Mental Health, Diversity in Aging, End of Life Care, Mobile Resources, Technology and Aging, and National Geriatric Organizations
- Evidence-based geriatric clinical nursing website of The Hartford Institute for geriatric nursing at New York University's College of Nursing
- Resources include evidence based fact sheets on geriatric topics, clinical tools, faculty resources, continuing education, as well as information on advocacy and special practice with older patients.
Guides the deployment of useful and reliable online health information, and its appropriate and efficient use.
- A leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide
- Provides online courses, toolkits, forums, and patient resources.
Association of College and Research Librarians: Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
- A comprehensive and free collection of expert-contributed geriatrics educational materials for educators and learners
- Registration is required to access these resources.